Italian Ciabatta Bread Recipe for Beginners
We love Italy. The country is filled with lovely people, beautiful beaches and very tasty foods. I can’t think of anyone who does not like Italian foods such as spaghetti and pizza. Furthermore, they also have very tasty breads and for today we want to share a recipe we found on how to bake italian Ciabatta bread. This recipe is inspired by “Bincy Chris” on Youtube. This is a very great fun bread to eat with different kinds of cheese and wine while having all your lovely friends and family around you. We hope you enjoy this recipe and let us know how your experience was.
Water (Ideal temperature 95F) 280 g
1 tsp (tea spoon) salt
1 tsp (tea spoon) yeast
Flour (Bread Flour or All Purpose Flour) 350 g
Work surface (baking board)
Add in the slightly warm water into a bowl
Add in salt
Add in yeast
Mix until everything is mixed well
Then, add the flour to the bowl and combine everything together
6. After some mixing, wrap the bowl with a plastic film and keep it in a warm environment or on the countertop.
7.After half an hour, we are going to stretch and fold the dough to align the gluten strands. Before starting the stretching and folding please pay attention to the notes below:
Don’t forget to dip your hands in water before you do this stretch and fold. Because the dough will stick to your fingers .The following steps will transform our dough into a well structured dough. Please see timestamp 2:28 in the video for reference on technique.
The folding will include three rounds of folding which will take place every 30 minutes.
For technique, stretch the dough and fold it onto itself and turn the bowl 90 degrees and repeat the same on all the four sides.
Step 5, mixing all ingredients
Step 6, proofing the dough
“With dry hands, the dough will stick to your hand”
8. Now cover it with a plastic firm and keep it in a warm environment or on the countertop for half an hour.
9. After the thirty minutes of waiting, you’re going to stretch and fold it once again, so repeat the the steps 7 & 8 twice again
10. Move the dough onto a well floured work surface (baking board) and sprinkle some flour on the top of the dough. Then, stretch the dough from underneath and shape it into a rectangle (Take care not to deflate the air gaps in the dough completely.)
Step. 10 Putting the dough on the board
11. Roll the dough and pinch the edges to seal
12. Divide the dough into three equal parts and transfer each portion into another well floured work surface.
13. Dust the top of the dough with some more flour so it will not stick to the plastic wrap and then cover the dough with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit for 45 minutes for proofing.
14. Place parchment paper inside a baking loaf pan and then place the dough inside.
15.Preheat the oven to 450 F and then place the dough inside the oven. Make sure to spray some water on top of the dough for a harder crust.
16. After 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 400F and let it bake for 12 to 15 minutes
Step 11. Rolling the dough (Like how Limp Bizkit says it, keep on rolling partner :D )
Dividing the bread dough
Before bread baking
After bread baking
And there you have it, your very first and very own tasty Italian homemade Ciabatta bread. Very fun and tasty bread in our own experience to bake and eat. Remember to watch the video as well, in order to get a great idea on how to bake the bread.
After you have made the bread , now its time to slice and feast! We find that having a serrated knife is very useful and suggest yourself to have one. We actually have written a blog about "Slicing your breads".
Furthermore, there are various tools in the market available that you can use to slice breads. We also provide our own tool version of the "bread slicing guide". Its affordable, storage friendly and very simple to use. It's the perfect bread pal for your homemade baked breads. Feel free to check it out.
Are you looking for more bread baking ideas and recipes? Feel free to check our “Bread Baking Guide” to get various baking inspirations. We got you recipes like Dinner Rolls or Homemade Vegan Breads so feel free to check those out as well.
We hope you enjoy this recipe. Please feel free to comment down below and let us know how you find the recipes.