Vegan Whole Wheat Bread
Simple and fun
Written by Aryan S.
Whole-Wheat bread has many benefits for our health. Filled with tons of fiber, it is the perfect bread for your digestive system. It has been found in several studies that, individuals with higher dietary fiber intake have also lived a longer and healthier lives.
So we wanted to share with yourself a healthy whole wheat bread recipe inspired from " Be Everyday Vegan " which also works best for the lovely vegan individuals out there. We hope you enjoy it.
1 tablespoon of Dry Yeast
1 teaspoon of Organic Sugar
4 cups or 400 gms of Whole Wheat
1 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon of Flax Seeds (Grounded)
2 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
Plant Based Mylk
1. Add 1 tablespoon of Dry Yeast into bowl
2. Pour some Lukewarm Water into the same bowl
3. Add 1 tablespoon of Organic Sugar to the yeast-water mixture and stir
4. Leave the bowl aside for the yeast to get activated
5. In a separate bowl, add 4 cups (400 gms) of Whole Wheat flour
6. Add 1 teaspoon of Salt to the whole wheat bowl
7. Add 1 tablespoon of Flax Seeds (grounded) to the bowl
8. Add 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil to the bowl
9. Add the Yeast water mixture to the Whole Wheat bowl
10. Start mixing the ingredients in the bowl
11. While mixing the ingredients, add a little bit of water and mix again
12. Mix until a sticky dough has started to form
13. Grab a new bowl, grease it with oil, put the dough in it, cover the bowl with cloth or wrap, the bowl aside for a while for the dough to rise.
14. Sprinkle Whole Wheat powder on the board, then put the dough on the board and start kneading. Please see the video for reference on kneading method and technique.
15. Then grab a baking pan, grease it with oil
16. Put the dough in the baking pan, push it until it is well formed in the baking pan (you can use the Baking Scraper to do so)
17. Then cover the pan with cloth or wrap, leave it for 1 hour to let it rise.
18. Then brush top of the dough with Plant Based Mylk
19. Then Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the dough
20. Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 392 F
21. Bake at 374F (190°C) for 50 minutes and Toast at 392F (200°C ) for 10 mins
22. Let it cool
And there you have it. Your very own homemade tasty and fantastic vegan whole wheat bread. If you don't like the vegan ingredients, you can simply replace them with other alternatives to satisfy your needs. We found this recipe very nice and thanks to "Be Everyday Vegan" for sharing this recipe and teaching us.
Now when it comes to eating the bread slicing it.Slicing Bread, can become very tricky. A good tip to keep in mind, is to make sure your bread has cooled down before slicing it. We actually made a guide that we cover some tips and tricks which you can do to get even slices of bread. If you are looking for a simple and storage friendly tool to help you get bread slicing up and running, then we suggest checking out our Bread Slicing Guide. Made to help you treat your breads right.
Looking For More Recipes?
If you're looking for even more recipes you can check out our exclusive bread baking guide for more inspiration
We hope you enjoyed this recipe. And please feel free to share your comments and let us know you liked it not